Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yaosang - Colours of Spring

It’s the fourth day of Yaosang (Holi). Sitting inside an office, but yet sensing the vibrant colours and excitement occasioned with this festival thousand of miles away at home, could be really miserable. Although sports at local clubs have predominately replaced this once-upon-a-time all colourful celebration of the Spring, the plain joyous thrill linked with it transcending all age barriers could never be underrated. Just as the eerie tune of Lai Haraoba with its … “ha eeya taibang malangpan, sanaren mapan thariba …” makes my heart beat faster, the vivacious sound of .. “Hari Bol, Hari Bol” during Yaosang afternoons would lift my spirits. This goes without saying of the many Yaosang nights engrossed in listening to the distant tune & music of ‘Thabal Chongba’, kindling romantic fantasies in those young & yet-to-experience innocent minds. Oh! the air is nostalgic; and I only wish I could re-live again!!

Going down to memory lane is one of the best things that I ever enjoy in this corporate life. At times, it indeed helps me to escape from realities and re-energize my dampened spirits…Yes, it does help one to move on…

No comments:

Post a Comment